Tuesday, August 23, 2011

How's Hike Skool Billy?

As school begins to pick up for the year, and the teachers go "back to work," I thought I'd share some things I've learned the past couple of weeks... in no particular order.


1. Grieving is hard, awkward and way too emotional for me, especially when it was a hero of yours.
2. Heroes come in all shapes, sizes and times in your life.
3. Everyone who thought my life was chaotic before should hang out with me now (if I have the time) to realize what a lunatic I'm becoming.
4. I don't think owning a home will be fully enjoyed until month 8...when I can finally have my tweezers in a drawer, not in a case, in a bin, in a box, in the garage somewhere...
5. Cooking dinner is peaceful. Cleaning up, is not.
4. Painting looks way cooler on HGTV.
5. My mom gives Martha Stewart a run for her money- all day long.
6. Family truly is life's greatest blessing.
7. Having a family dog is like having another sibiling.
8. Losing said dog is way more awkward than #1, because non-dog people don't get it and think you're being a baby. (See photos below of Zoe-mister.)
9. Speaking of babies, being pregnant does not look fun. (No offense to the wonderful mothers out there.)
10. I tried to get Brian to promise me we don't have children until 30, his look at my outstruck pinkie confirmed my mental state.
11. Living with a man is no walk in the park, but the large hugs and soft kisses make it perfect at the end of the day.
12. Days all blend together when you have too much on your plate.
13. Brian thinks our plates are "old school." My brother's comment of "these look familar" (from our childhood) also confirmed.
14. Working in an office that is conveniently located a flight of stairs away from said plates and kitchen make meals easy and cheap.
15. Hypothetical couch, 4 paces from kitchen makes "lunchtime" naps altogether too strong of a possibility, especially if leftovers win over salad and the itis is slowly taking you over.
16. Somehow couch ends up being desk, filing cabinet and waste paper basket all by end of the day.
17. A "day" of working often includes house "work," cleaning "work," cooking "work," wedding planning "work," appointments, and, of couse, actual work.
18. Pinterest falls into almost all of above said "work" categories.
19. Pinterest is not only a conversation point, but a new lifestyle of crafts and how-tos.
20. Amanda Passage is the most successful pinterester thusfar.
21. Weekends with Amanda Passage (and friends) are just what the doctor ordered when the rest of life is making you (hypothetically) crazy.
22. My good friends all around the country can be skyped into a weekend with us by group chat.
23. Texas skype provides cheap, blurry service, like their tequila.
24. You and Tequila (make me crazy)  by Kenny Chesney, is Brian's favorite song, and he conveniently makes GREAT eye contact during his serenades to me.
25. Brian is a (very lucky) saint for wanting to marry me.

Zoe LOVED car rides.
Fresh air and no worries. <3 
Zoey Bear.

The most perfect Golden ever to walk the planet.

26. Speaking of Saints... God, heaven and all of the saints, now have two of my favorite girls, and they're all pain-free and happy.

27. Life is crazy, but wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment